• 1 October to 30 April
• Permits required for the lighting of all fires in the open air, including incinerator fires, barbecues and hangi.
• Contact Council for a permit.
• Allow 24 hours so that we have time to inspect your proposed fire site.
Urban Area - Open Season
• Lighting fires in the open air is neither prohibited nor restricted.
• Permits are not required.
Prohibited Fire Season
• Will be publicly advertised if imposed.
• Lighting fires in the open air is prohibited throughout Rotorua District.
• Anybody exposing forest and property to loss by fire is liable to prosecution and to action for recovery of any damages caused.
Rotorua District Council
1061 Haupapa St
Private Bag 3029
Rotorua Mail Centre
P: 07 348 4199